
I think I need some help... I've heard of pregnancy brain where you forget things, you're scattered and you're just plain (I give you permission to gasp) blonde (no offense to anyone blonde). If I was still pregnant I would use that excuse with style. Not sure that makes sense... but I would. However, I'm not pregnant anymore so that excuse gets thrown out the window. But I feel like I have pregnancy brain times a thousand. That may seem like an exaggeration, maybe it is, but it doesn't change how I feel. I am almost the dumbest person I know. Almost. Not kidding. I make up words, I am super forgetful and I'm extremely scatter-brained. Not only that, but sometimes I find myself drifting when I'm trying to listen to someone tell a story, and my brain jumps from one subject to the next with increasing speed.
Just the other day I was talking to Sean, I was trying to describe "dying of thirst" but instead I said "dying of water loss." Yes, you read that right. Then later I was trying to say "possessive" and instead said "possessional" and I was utterly confused when Sean started smirking. I was certain that was a word. I'm sure I've done this other times too... and it's embarrassing. If you've talked with me recently and you've heard me make up a word, I commend you for not laughing but I apologize for being so dumb.
Not only do I make up words and think they're real, I also forget... What was I saying? Just kidding. I'm not that bad. I did have an interesting experience on Monday though. I went to Walmart to do some light shopping, was there for about a half hour, probably walked up every aisle, and not in any order, for only 5 items. When I finally made it to the checkout, after waiting in line behind 2 people, the girl scanned 3 of my items before I realized I didn't have my wallet (sigh). Luckily they just took everything to customer service so I could pay for it after I retrieved my wallet from home. And thank goodness I only live about 5 minutes away.
Now I haven't even mentioned the scatter-brained part. Boy oh boy.... I can't seem to get anything done. I start out picking up the bedroom, I see a cup and take it to the kitchen. I notice dishes in the sink and I start doing them. I then see mail on the table that needs to be put away, so I stop doing the dishes and start going through the mail. I see a bill that needs to be paid so I take it to the computer. While in the computer room I remember I need to write an email. By the time I finish that, Allie is waking up. I go get her and I see the bedroom that is half cleaned. So I start all over. And it's very tiring.
How do I fix this problem? Do you lose brain power when you have a child? Help!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.5
Oh Tara! Welcome to motherhood! Just ask Dan it doesn't get better I am seriously the most forgetful person I know. And I find my self doing some very interesting things sometimes. I am not sure if there is a cure but if you find one let me know because I to could use some help in the motherhood brain :)
ReplyDeleteHahahahaha oh my gosh that is funny!!!! Don't even worry about it I'm like that and I haven't even had a baby yet!!!! Yikes I'm in for a treat I guess..
ReplyDeletei think it comes with the child. i'm totally the same way- i want to get everything done while tome is sleeping and i feel like i get nothing done because i jump around so much. although i am a bit scatter-brained to start with... :)
ReplyDelete