Pages

August 17, 2010

Ah, the internet

Blogs are so much fun.


With the internet growing in popularity,
and sites like Facebook and Twitter and all those other social networks
popping up everywhere it's easy to get lost in the little snippets of
what people are doing at the very second. Don't get me wrong, I'm addicted to Facebook (like most people, I hope…) and I recently discovered Twitter and I love it! I only use it for the business aspect, though. It's a great way to promote my photography and connect with other photographers.
But there's nothing like sitting down and reading someone's blog. People
open up more in their blogs, you get more details and you get to know
the person more. You get more of the Who, What, Where, Why, and How questions answered, and that tends to be a bit more interesting. It
also exposes you to different writing styles, and I love that!



I started my blog because I wanted
a better way to let everyone (that cares) know what I'm up to. It's
fun for me to write about an experience and then share pictures. I then started my photography blog because I wanted a good (and free) way to show everyone my work and direct people who are looking for a photographer to my portfolio. Why do you blog? Is it for the social aspect? For sharing what you and your family are up to? Or is it for a business?



I mentioned before how I use Twitter to connect with other photographers. I have been able to find some great people and read their blogs and see their work, and in turn have been able to direct people to my site and my work. It's all about exposure. And now that I've quit my job (more on that in a different post), I
need to promote my photography even more and I feel like Twitter is
a great way to do that.


I realize this post is a bit out there
and somewhat random, and I don't know what compelled me to even write it…I think I just want to try something new. And a blog is
pretty much an online journal, right?



What social networks do you use? Have you found relevant businesses with it? Are you even interested in looking at business's Facebook/Twitter pages? Or do you purely use it for social interaction with friends?






Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!