Pages

April 21, 2011

Ah life...

...it sure passes quickly doesn't it? Life around the Hilsmann house has been busy/crazy/stressful/fun/joyful/amusing. Yes... ALL of the above. Here's a little recap:

  • Sean celebrated his 29th birthday on February 3rd. I can't believe he's 29! Only one more year until he's turning the big 3-0. Any ideas for a great and momentous 30th birthday bash? Please help! 
  • Shortly after his birthday, and when I say shortly I mean a couple days, Sean got really sick. I thought it was the inevitable, but not-so-serious man-cold (see this website for a great article). Turns out it was actually appendicitis (I know... I felt and still feel horrible!) and he was dealing with the gruesome pain for almost 2 weeks until he said he couldn't take it anymore and had to go to the hospital. Thanks heavens it didn't burst! We are very lucky. The procedure was simple and quick and we were told that he would start feeling better after about 3 or 4 days. 
  • 4 days passed... 5 days... 10 days, and he was still not feeling better. I was starting to get upset and frustrated and thinking it was the man-cold again but it wasn't (I don't think I ever learn my lesson). We had to rush him to the hospital in the wee hours of the morning and after a few tests, they determined that it was an abscess located where his appendix used to be. Apparently, some bacteria was left behind and it caused this horrible growth. The infection even started to get into his blood. Horrible. We spent a few more days in the hospital and he left with a drainage tube. Let me just tell you: you have to really love someone to empty a drainage tube filled with their guts. Y.U.C.K. I'll spare you the rather disgusting details. 
  • Finally after a month and a half, I was starting to get my husband back. He drove to California with me to attend my friend's wedding (see my photography blog for her wedding pictures. Thanks for hiring me Lauryn!). It was beautiful! And it was so great to have my right-hand man there with me. 
  • Spring is a very busy season for TSS Photography - one of the 4 companies I work for. After we got back from the wedding, I've been working almost every evening taking pictures of the local little league baseball and soccer teams. Add editing all the wedding pictures and a baby that's decided nap time is overrated, and you've got a mama that can hardly breathe! 
Life is nuts. But I love it and I wouldn't change a thing. I'm so grateful for everything I've been given, my heart is full. 

Now for an exclusive Allie update: she is growing and changing so much! She finally started crawling at 10 months (hooray!!) and it's been fun watching her practice and get comfortable with her new skill. She's gone from not crawling at all, to crawling slowly, to crawling quickly all in one month! And now she's pulling herself up on EVERYTHING and walking around the couch and ottoman. She's also learning to stand up on her own. She'll pull herself up on something, then balance her feet and let go. She's able to stand for a few seconds before she lands on her beautiful bum :) I love it! It's amazing how much children learn isn't it? 

Last weekend we took Allie to her very first Easter Egg Hunt! It was probably more fun for me than for her, but I think she enjoyed it! 

Here are a bunch of pictures of our shenanigans! :)

Swimming with grandpa. How adorable is this? 


At the wedding in California. 

Easter fun!! 


These two adorable kiddos are only a couple weeks apart. They were so excited by the eggs they didn't want to look at us! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!