Pages

February 5, 2011

Oh baby...

My sweet baby girl is 9 months old (as of Feb. 3 - the hub's birthday, in fact!)! She's officially existed in the outside world as long as she was cooking in the oven. Weird.

She is such a bundle of joy! She makes me smile, makes me laugh, makes me worry, makes me proud. She is so dang cute, and so much fun. I can't imagine a world without her. She is perfect. And she is MINE.

Some more about Allie:
  • She now has 4 teeth: 2 bottom, 2 top.
  • She's an expert at clapping her hands and if you say "YAY!" her immediate reaction is to smile and start clapping, even mid-cry.
  • She's still not crawling... but we're not worried. She has her own timeline. Besides she gets everywhere she needs to go by rolling.
  • She loves balloons.
  • She hates green beans.
  • She's attached to her blanket and won't nap without it (just found this out on Wednesday when the blanket was in the wash. She wouldn't relax until that blanket was in her hand).
  • She still sucks her thumb, but only when she's tired and IF she has her blanket.
  • She can feed herself cheerios, apple jacks, or other finger foods. She's really skilled at the "pincher" movement of her thumb and forefinger - and VERY precise.
  • She loves juice.
We had her 9 month check-up on Friday and here are her current stats:
16 lbs 12 oz
28 1/4 inches
25% for weight
75% for height

Just when I thought she was going to be an amazon woman, she decides to slow down. The doc isn't worried about it though, so I won't worry either.


 








1 comment:

  1. So crazy that she is already that old. She is soooo dang cute. Reading everything about what she is doing and what she is eating makes me excited about what is to come with Connelly. You forget about those things once they get older. Right now Connelly hates and I mean HATES cereal and apple sauce. Those are the only things we have tried and I have given up for a week or so. The last few times I have tried he turns away from me and starts to spit every time I get the spoon close to him. So we will wait a bit. Hopefully he starts liking it soon. I loved feeding my other two and they both LOVED food, so I assumed Connelly would too. He is proving me wrong with that and so many other things.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!