Pages

October 3, 2011

Sensory Box

I've seen some awesome blog posts about sensory boxes lately and decided to try it for Allie. She loved it!! We got some bins, a few small toys, a small shovel and rake, and some dried pinto beans from the dollar store. I also had some rice at home and I thought it would be fun to have two different textures for her to play with. Hmmm... ya. The beans were awesome, but the rice was a bad idea. I was hoping that she'd just play and that everything would stay relatively mess-free. I don't know why I'd think that? What toddler keeps things neat and tidy? Haha. Well anyway. The beans are easy to clean up but the rice is a pain in the butt. Needless to say, she won't be playing with the bin of rice again. But here are some pictures of our fun afternoon with her sensory boxes.

She loved finding all the toys buried in the beans. 


She thought it was much funner to dump the shovel-full of rice all over the patio instead of back in the box. Big tedious clean-up for mom. 


1 comment:

  1. Cute blog, Tara!! It's so neat to see you as a mother (probably something your mother feels about me!). You have turned into quite the beautiful lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!