- She finally started walking at the beginning of July. Hurray!
- She loves to close any drawer or door, especially the fridge when I'm still looking in there and trying to find something to eat.
- She loves to dance and instantly recognizes when a song comes on. Even if it's just in a passing car, or a commercial on tv.
- She's become quite the copy-cat. The other day I sat down on the floor and she came, sat down right next to me, and arranged her legs exactly how mine were.
- She still loves to eat, but she's becoming VERY picky. Her current favorites are Lucky Charms (but she only likes to eat the marshmallows), Nilla Wafers, pears, bananas, grapes, cheese, bread, and cookies.
- She loves to give "loves." Multiple times a day she'll come over to me, lay her head on my shoulder, leg, stomach, whatever. So cute! And she gives lots of kisses - both on demand and just because she wants to.
- She loves to read books. She loves to turn the pages and point to all the pictures.
- She LOVES water (swimming pools, the beach, the bath) and has no fear. She doesn't grasp the fact that it gets deep and she can't swim. Even if she falls in and gets a mouthful of water, she still wants to GO and hates any kind of restraint. I try to put a life jacket on her, or put her in a floaty and she cries the whole time. Hates it. I can't wait for next year so we can start swimming lessons!
- Everyone is "mom". My brother is "mom," grandma is "mom," dad is "mom." I think she understands the difference but doesn't know how to say the words. She knows how to say "dada" though, so I don't know why she doesn't call him that? We're still working on it.
- She knows her body parts. She can point to her eyes, ears, mouth, nose, belly, and feet. She loves when I count her toes and fingers too.
- Her word count is up to 6 words: Mama, dada, hi, bye, ball, baby. She makes the elephant animal sound, and uses it for all animals - except dog. For dog, she sticks her tongue out and breathes heavily.
- She's doing really great at sign language. She can do the signs for eat, all done, more, drink, bath, and play.
- Everyday she learns something new. I'm always amazed at what she can do!
- She finally has enough hair to do a ponytail on the top of her head! Woohoo!!! I've been waiting so long for that!
And here are her current stats:
20 lbs 12 oz
30 in tall
25% for weight
50% for height
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment!